Wednesday 14 March 2012

It's been a while but I've been busy

All or should I say nearly all the parts not required are now removed from car never to be refitted. It's nice to take stuff apart and not have to put it back together. Here's some of the bits removed it's a total of just under 350kg so I've created some room for all that battery weight.


 Engine plus lots of bits and pieces,loads of pipes

 
 Petrol tank



 Radiator + aircon rad
 Haldex rear drive and diff

Rear seats (battery space)
                                          
 Intercoolers

Car purchase price £2000 with camshaft snapped (non runner) parts not required now sold on ebay £1000 in total. Next stage, Motor and controller selection, purchase and then adaptor plate and coupling desgin/manufacture to marry up motor to gearbox.

3 comments:

  1. Martin keep posting your progress! Love the pics. I've got a TT still in gasoline running condition but the hope is to eventually convert. I'll be very interested in seeing how your project comes together. Cheers! -Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt,
    this is the biggest challange, project wise I have ever started, but to date anything I have ever started I've seen through to the finish. Hope I can do the same with this one. Made some good progress in the last couple of months, just posted updates,
    The one thing I have come to accept after reading about ev's for the last 4 months is if you want a good worthwile conversion it wont come cheap, lithium batteries are stupidly expensive just to mention 1 item required.



    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Martin, are you still out there? I'm thinking of taking on the same challenge you did... and it would be a lot easier if I were second! I've seen three people talk about starting a conversion on the TT, you are the only that got as far as this blog shows, but I'd really like to know if it got any further... please let us know! Hope you are ok,
    Regards,
    Tom.

    ReplyDelete